Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Spring Pollen Is On the Way—Make Your Appointment Now
Combine warming temperatures with the wet winter we experienced here in Georgia, and you get prime conditions for rising pollen counts. As the trees start to bloom, and pollen fills the air, many will experience allergy symptoms.
Don’t suffer through another allergy season. Schedule your appointment now and identify your allergic triggers. Make sure your allergy management plan is in place so that you can enjoy the beautiful Atlanta Spring season!
Participants Needed for Asthma Research Study
Atlanta Allergy & Asthma’s Research Department is looking for qualified participants for an asthma research study. We are looking for people with uncontrolled asthma. To be considered for this study, you must:
- Be between 18 and 75 years of age
- Have received an asthma diagnosis at least one year ago
- Be taking an inhaled Corticosteroid and a second controller medication for the last 6 months, with no dose changes to these medications in the 4 weeks prior to the study
- Have asthma that is not controlled by these medications
All study-related visits, tests, and drugs will be provided at no cost. In addition, reimbursement for time and travel may be provided.
To learn more:
Stockbridge Research - 770 996-5354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marietta Research - 770 592-4210 or email email@example.com
Employees of the Quarter
Atlanta Allergy & Asthma Clinic congratulates our Employees of the Quarter. Our nurses and front desk staff are some of our greatest assets. Help us say “thank you” to the following employees:
- Stephanie Jackson– Clinic Manager at our Powers Ferry clinic
- Stephanie Anderson– Nurse at our Austell clinic
- Denise Shankman – Nurse at our Kennestone clinic
- Valerie Johnson – Front desk staff at our Canton clinic
- Cassandra Terry – Front desk staff at our Buckhead clinic
- Keith Knight – Administration at our Business Office
Congratulations and thank you!
Atlanta Allergy Patients Enjoy the Benefits of the Patient Portal
If you are a patient and you have not activated your secure Patient Portal account – don’t wait any longer. Join the thousands of others who are enjoying the benefits:
- Schedule appointments online 24 hours a day
- Receive appointment reminders
- Refill prescriptions
- Review your health records and update your demographic information
- Communicate with AAAC staff
To activate your account and start using the Portal, simply call 770-953-3331.
New Treatment Option for Allergies
The physicians of AAAC are pleased to announce an additional treatment option for management of your allergies. Sublingual Immunotherapy, SLIT, is a desensitization treatment in which patients’ self-administer allergen drops under their tongue on a daily basis. Although not as effective as allergy shots, medical research done both in Europe and the United States has found that SLIT therapy is quite safe and effective at building a patient’s tolerance to allergic triggers and ultimately improving symptoms.
SLIT may be an option for certain types of allergy patients. SLIT is not yet approved by the FDA, therefore at this time, insurance companies are not reimbursing for this form of immunotherapy. Please contact our office if you have additional questions or make an appointment to see your allergist to review your management plan to see if you may be a candidate for this new treatment.
Sign Up for Our New Patient Newsletter
Subscribe to our new Allergy Update newsletter, and you'll get practice news, updates on the latest allergy and asthma research, and more.